Here are some great spring dog recipes from our good puppy pals at Dogwatch. Try them out and let us know how your dog liked them!
- 1/2 cup strawberries, pureed
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
- Roll out dough on heavily floured surface (the dough is very sticky) 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes with the cutter of your choice.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet and poke with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Pull the treats out of the oven and let them cool. Refrigerate afterwards.
This one could be quite tempting to make as you might find yourself nibbling on the ingredients!
Highlighted by peas, this dish is healthy for dogs as it provides them with a good source of vitamin B, thiamin, phosphorous, and potassium. Best of all, this recipe doesn’t require cooking, just a little chopping.
Simply chop the ingredients into cubes and put into a bowl.
An easy-to-make and tasty dish, mint crackers also provide some fresh breath relief for our wonderful pups!
- Fresh mint
- Unsalted crushed crackers
All you need to do is mix these ingredients together, pop them in the freezer until frozen and voila!: you’ll have a quick, cool snack for your pup!
Have you tried any of the recipes above? Do you have a signature spring doggy dish you would like to share? Remember: sharing is caring! Give us a bell in store on 09 448 2227